Luuk de Jong's interview with Mundo Deportivo

Luuk de Jong's interview with Mundo Deportivo

Luuk de Jong in his recent interview with Mundo Deportivo talked about his time at Barça, how things has changed during the season. Here's his interview- 


"I was a Barça player. And at one point, a full Camp Nou chanted my name. I can proudly say that.

I didn't win any titles at Barça, but I can look back at other wonderful things. I haven't even thought about it yet. When looking back at my career, I will know how beautiful it has been.

I've received so many welcome reactions after leaving Barça. From all parts of the club. Not only from my teammates and the manager but the board members as well.

In the second half of the season, the feeling around me changed completely. I'm glad that stayed after the winter transfer window. I said that I would continue to fight to get more playing time, even if I got zero minutes. It went very well.

After the season ended, I met up with Jordi Cruyff and asked him about my situation. He told me that they were working to sign other players and that I wasn't a priority at the moment. I understood it and chose my path.

Who knows, maybe in a more (financially) healthy Barça could have stayed for another season.

I've shown that I can be important for any team, at any level, even if I'm a substitute that comes on towards the end of matches." 

Such a mature and understanding statement speaks about his personality. He is a role model for youngsters and will be in heart of culers forever.

His crucial goals helped us to have a UCL spot and a better situation in League games. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments